Brides Wanna Know
Pup Friendly Wedding Sites
Pets are an important member of many families. Here's some dog friendly wedding venues for our pet lovers! Woof!
Q :: Our dog is definitely a member of our family and I'd love for her to be a part of our ceremony... What venues are dog friendly?
Every season, brides challenge me with a question I need to do a little research and investigating to find the answer. Last season, it was about uplighting and which venues have enough power to support this new must-have design aspect, the season before it was about multi colored dresses and what the tradition and custom was behind wearing an all-white gown. This season... it's all about dogs!
Photo Credit :: Visionari
Pups have truly entered the home - diva style. And weddings are no exception. Brides aren't asking for their dogs to simply be a guest at their wedding, but to be a part of their wedding party as a ring bearer or flower girl. Dog clothing companies all over the world have tapped into this market, creating adorable tutus custom made for girl ring pups and sassy tuxedos with top hats for the boy ring bearers! But what locations in Hawaii give the thumbs up to walking your pooch down the aisle with you? Here's a list of venues that welcome your pups as part of your wedding day.
- THE BAYER ESTATE :: Owner Sooz Mirikitani is a huge dog lover and advocate herself and welcomes all dogs to be a part of your special day. In fact, her beautiful black lab Teddy, wears a maile lei and greets guests as they arrive to weddings at the estate. Dogs are welcome, just be aware there is no gate in the backyard, which leads directly to the ocean.
- KO'OLAU BALLROOMS and the MOANA SURFRIDER A WESTIN RESORT & SPA :: Dogs are A-OK for outdoor ceremonies... but you will need to bring a dog sitter to take your pup home after the ceremony is over, which is totally fine since Fido will be in all your wedding pictures!
- HYATT REGENCY WAIKIKI & SPA :: Dogs are welcome to be a part of the outdoor terrace ceremonies and allowed to remain on property in their crate, which will be placed in a comfortable, air conditioned room during the reception.
- TURTLE BAY RESORT :: This beautiful locale on the North Shore allows pets at all of their outdoor ceremony & reception venues on property... but once you head indoors to dine, your pup will have to chill in the cool comfort of one of their pet-friendly guest rooms.
- HOTEL RENEW :: A chic new hotel that welcomes dogs and their owners to stay. While there is no wedding site, they have a wedding guest program for out of towners who bring their pups. Weight limit is 20lbs with a $25 clean up fee per night.
Dog lovers unite!